A vacancy will arise in our Verger team in September. If you feel a calling to this form of servant ministry within the church, and possess energy and enthusiasm, we would love to hear from you. A modern two bedroom flat near the Cathedral is provided with this post.
Closing date for applications: Friday 14 July
Interviews on Monday 31 July
For more details, download the information pack or contact Kerry Vernon, Assistant to the Chapter Clerk, Bristol Cathedral, College Green, Bristol. BS1 5TJ; 0117 946 8184 email@example.com.
Saturday Café Assistant
Come and join our friendly café team, who provide a warm welcome to visitors of the Cathedral. Primarily, the role will be to help cover 4 hours on our Saturday shifts, though additional hours may be available. No experience required as all training will be given. For more information please email Kerry Vernon, call 0117 946 8184 or pop into the Café for a chat.
Cathedral Gift Shop Volunteer
Do you enjoy welcoming visitors to the Cathedral? Would you like to develop your skills in the retail sector, or do you have previous experience that you'd like to share? We are looking for enthusiastic and interested volunteers who can spare a day, a morning or afternoon, to volunteer in the Cathedral Gift Shop.
Our gift shop is usually open from Monday to Friday from 10.00am to 4.00pm, and closes slightly earlier on Saturday at 3.00pm.
We stock a wide range of gifts and books including:
- Bristol Cathedral souvenirs - including our guide book, postcards and a range of items including mugs, notebooks and tea towels.
- CDs - special recordings of the Cathedral choir and other organ and choral music.
- Bristol Blue Glass and other products from local artists.
- Children's products - games, traditional wooden toys, and Christian prayer and story books.
- Bibles and other religious books, including the latest publications.
- Specialist books on the history of the Cathedral.
If you're interested in this opportunity or you'd like to know more, please contact Richard Greatrex on 01179 544824, or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you would like to find out more about volunteering at the Cathedral click here.