Bristol Cathedral Trust
Caring for the fabric and conservation of the Cathedral
“Bristol Cathedral has been a wonderfully constant and consistent part of my life. Please help us to pass it on to future generations in good repair and in good order by supporting the Bristol Cathedral Trust”
– Canon Stephen Parsons, Chair of Bristol Cathedral Trust
If you have admired the Cathedral’s architecture, gazed in admiration at the Chapter House, discovered the carefully carved snail on the vestibule to the Berkeley Chapel or, enjoyed the glorious sounds of the magnificent Renatus Harris Organ. Please consider making a kind donation and help us maintain the Cathedral’s precious heritage for tomorrow.
Whether through supporting through membership of the Fitzhardinge Society or, by making a one-off donation for a specific fabric project. We are so grateful to you for being a guardian of Bristol Cathedral and keeping it safe for future generations. Thank you.
Preserving Bristol Cathedral
Bristol Cathedral Trust is the charitable arm of the Cathedral. We seek funds to help us maintain our Cathedral Fabric and have supported many important projects over the years at Bristol Cathedral. From vital maintenance repairs to the refurbishment of stained glass windows and the Cathedral bells.
It is thanks to the many supporters of the Trust, that Bristol Cathedral is able to embark on a ‘once in a generation’ restoration project of the Organ, starting in late 2023.
To find out more about the Cathedral Organ and this exciting restoration project please visit the Organ page.
The Fitzhardinge Society
The Fitzhardinge Society was formed in honor of Robert Fitzhardinge, founder of the Augustinian Abbey which was to later become Bristol Cathedral.
Members of The Fitzhardinge Society meet at social events through the year and hold closer engagement with this historic building. Membership goes towards preserving this precious building for future generations to come.
By joining as a member for just £115 per person year (less than £13 per month), you can enjoy;
- the knowledge your support is helping to preserve Bristol Cathedral
- invitations to a series of unique events throughout the year including behind-the-scenes tours, exhibition previews and drinks receptions.
- priority booking for highlight Cathedral events such as Carols by Candlelight.
- a twice-yearly Buttress newsletter including project updates on the Cathedral’s latest fabric projects and heritage activities.
- opportunities to meet and network with like-minded members who share similar interests.
To join the Fitzhardinge Society, please complete the sign-up form below and return by email to [email protected] or by post to Bristol Cathedral, The Gatehouse, College Green, Bristol BS1 5TJ.
All membership fees and donations as part of the Fitzhardinge Society support the Bristol Cathedral Trust and their work supporting the important restoration projects at Bristol Cathedral.
Trustees of the Bristol Cathedral Trust:
- Canon Stephen Parsons MBE, DL – Chair
- The Very Rev’d Mandy Ford – Dean of Bristol
- Mike Lea
- Jane Oakland
- Canon David Cain
- Harry Marshall
- Beth Napier
- Steve Smith
- Louise O’Donnell
Charity number 801008