- From Monday to Friday the Cathedral is open to visitors from 8.00am until 5.00pm, unless you wish to attend Choral Evensong or Evening Prayer at 5.15pm.
- On Saturdays and Sundays we are open from 8.00am until 3.15pm, unless you wish to attend Choral Evensong at 3.30pm.
- Please note - sometimes there will be special services and events happening in the Cathedral which may mean that these times change, and that we have to close to the public temporarily. Please see the 'What's On' and 'News' sections for more detailed information about what is happening.
- The Cathedral will be closed for visitors from 1pm on Saturday 23, Tuesday 26 and Thursday 28 September. We apologise for any disappointment.
Admission is free, and you are very welcome to come inside and look around. Feel free to wander and soak up the atmosphere, sit quietly somewhere, or join us in our of our services. You can also visit our shop and café
- Baby change available in disabled toilet, by the cafe at the end of the cloister
- Cafe with highchairs (breastfeeding friendly)
- Please note there are steps in some parts of the building if you are bringing a pram or buggy
To find our more about free activities for families and children, click here.
All our staff and volunteers work hard to help people stay stafe whilst they are in the Cathedral. If you see any suspicious behaviour that causes alarm please make sure you report it to a Duty Verger or another member of staff. All visitors are asked to keep their luggage and bags with them at all times. We reserve the right to undertake random searches if required. The government has published advice about what to do in the event of a terror attack. See the Run/Hide/Tell leaflet and film. Also download the free Citizens Aid app for mobile phones which gives security and first aid advice.