- From the north (M4/M5) – exit at Junction 19 of the M4 on to the M32 southbound. Come to the end of the motorway and follow the brown visitor signs towards the city centre and @Bristol/A4. You will pass the Bristol Aquarium on the left and can turn left at Millennium Square for the car park.
- From the south (M5) – exit at Junction 18 of the M5 and follow signs to the city centre signposted A4. You will come in along the river and past the SS Great Britain on your right. At the roundabout continue to follow A4 signs. Turn right into Millennium Square for the nearest car park.
- Public parking is available at Millennium Square and on St George's Street, behind the council buildings. See map for more detailed information. For a full accessibility report see the Disabled GO site for more information.
- Public transport –
- Train: The nearest railway station is Bristol Temple Meads. Taxis and buses are available from the station - use the 8 or 9 bus to be dropped off by the Cathedral or enjoy a 15 minute walk. Please be aware that there are major engineering works at Temple Meads from Good Friday - 4 April and that there won't be any trains running in or out of Temple Meads during this time. Find more information here.
- For further information on the location of bus stops click here.
- Visit www.travelwest.info to plan your visit by bus, park & ride or rail.
- Taxis - click here for details of taxi firms.
The main Cathedral is closed for general visitors from the 16-20 and 23-26 July. Daily services are held in the Subcroft. Cafe, shop and garden remain open.
Visit Bristol has all the latest news and tips on what to do and where to stay.
Bristol Insight run open-top bus tours of the city. Hop on the bus at Bristol Temple Meads, near Bristol bus station and at other stops around the city. The nearest stop to the Cathedral is stop 12’.