- From the north (M4/M5) – exit at Junction 19 of the M4 on to the M32 southbound. Come to the end of the motorway and follow the brown visitor signs towards the city centre and @Bristol/A4. You will pass the Bristol Aquarium on the left and can turn left at Millennium Square for the car park.
- From the south (M5) – exit at Junction 18 of the M5 and follow signs to the city centre signposted A4. You will come in along the river and past the SS Great Britain on your right. At the roundabout continue to follow A4 signs. Turn right into Millennium Square for the nearest car park.
- Public parking is available at Millennium Square and on St George's Street, behind the council buildings. See map for more detailed information. For a full accessibility report see the Disabled GO site for more information.
- Public transport –
- Train: The nearest railway station is Bristol Temple Meads. Taxis and buses are available from the station - use the 8 or 9 bus to be dropped off by the Cathedral or enjoy a 20 minute walk
- For further information on the location of bus stops click here.
- Visit www.travelwest.info to plan your visit by bus, park & ride or rail.
- Taxis - click here for details of taxi firms.
- Ferry - The closest Bristol Ferry stop is Bristol City Centre Landing – ferries run every 40 minutes from either Bristol Temple Meads or Hotwells. Further information is available on the Bristol Ferry website bristolferry.com
Bristol Insight run open-top bus tours of the city. Hop on the bus at Bristol Temple Meads, near Bristol bus station and at other stops around the city. The nearest stop to the Cathedral is stop 12’.