Since the twelfth century people have been praying and worshipping in this place. We follow the monastic tradition by having regular services each day of the week.
- 7.40am Matins - the service is spoken using the Book of Common Prayer - traditional language
- 8.00am Holy Communion - the service is spoken using the Book of Common Prayer - traditional language
- 10:00am Cathedral Eucharist - the service is sung using contemporary language
- 3.30pm Choral Evensong - the service is sung using the Book of Common Prayer
- Morning Prayer - daily at 8.30am in the Berkeley Chapel - the service is spoken using liturgy and Bible readings appointed for the day
- Holy Communion - daily at 12.30pm - the service is spoken using contemporary language
- Choral Evensong - daily at 5.15pm and on Saturdays it is held at 3.30pm in the Quire - the service is sung using the Book of Common Prayer
Our choir is made up of girls and boys, and adult lay clerks and choral scholars. They sing in different configurations during term time:
- Monday - boy choristers and lay clerks and choral scholars
- Tuesday - girl choristers and lay clerks
- Wednesday - boys' voices
- Thursday - usually Evening Prayer (spoken), but occasionally a visiting choir may sing at this service
- Friday - men's voices
- Saturday - girl choristers or boy choristers with lay clerks and choral scholars
During the school holidays visiting choirs will sometimes sing, or services will be spoken. See the service list on the home page for more detailed information.