Sadly, our first lecture, due to be given by the Dean of Bristol, has been cancelled due to personal reasons. We apologise for any disappointment. The lectures on the 27 February and 6 March will go ahead as planned.
Bristol Cathedral has not one but two chapels dedicated to the Virgin Mary. In the period just before and during Lent, we will explore the significance of Mary for Christians across the generations, including her significance in the life of Bristol Cathedral. With the help of accomplished speakers and looking at Marian devotion in music and in art, in history and contemporary culture, we will ask what Mary meant to pilgrims of the past and what she means for us today.
- 20 Feb: 'Second Eve or Second Thoughts', The Very Revd Dr David Hoyle, Dean of Bristol - CANCELLED, due to personal reasons.
- 27 Feb: 'Our Lady of Bristol? The Virgin Mary and Sacred Space' Jon Cannon, Keeper of the Fabric
- 6 March: 'Picturing Mary', Dr Beth Williamson
Tickets are £4 per lecture, inlcuding refreshments. Book now.
See all of our events in our January - June brochure.
If you’d like to hear more news and events from the Cathedral, why not sign up to our monthly e-newsletter.
Next undivided: Something About Mary Dates
- Tuesday 27th February 2018, 6:30 pm, The Chapter House
- Tuesday 6th March 2018, 6:30 pm, The Chapter House