Cathedral Vacancies: Comms & Choir
We are currently seeking for two new colleagues to join us, in two very different capacities!
Communications and Marketing Coordinator
Help tell our story and invite people to be a part of it.
This new role will be vital in supporting our vision to follow Jesus Christ, serve others, transform communities, worship God and support our Bishops and Diocese.
We are looking for someone who is naturally curious, passionate about good communication and able to develop a nuanced understanding of the audiences that the Cathedral wants to serve. You will have experience of using a range of communications channels and media (we would anticipate there being an emphasis on digital communications and online content) and will be an excellent verbal, written and graphic communicator.
No two days will be the same. The variety of what goes on in a Cathedral, and the communication support we need, make this job unique. To give you a flavour, over the last twelve months you would have provided communications support for:
- the “bread and butter” of Cathedral life (services, recitals, visitor experience, What’s On Guide etc.);
- a Cathedral brand refresh;
- Luke Jerram’s Museum of the Moon (which saw 65,000 visitors in the Cathedral over 18 days);
- major civic events including Commonwealth Day and The Big Lunch for the Platinum Jubilee;
- our work on contested heritage;
- national TV and press enquiries after details of a new plaque went viral on Twitter;
- explaining our response to Covid-19;
- increasing creative online engagement around the major festivals (Advent, Christmas, Lent, Easter etc);
- celebrating ordinations through our social media channels liaising with the Diocese of Bristol.
Bass Choral Scholar
Are you about to start University in Bristol, or know someone who is, and sing bass or baritone? Join the Cathedral Choir!
Posted on 17th June 2022