We have a number of volunteer groups that help us during services and events, and Guides who assist our visitors. Help us to keep the Cathedral running smoothly.
- Cathedral Guides - The Guides provide a valuable service to visitors, giving guided tours. Specialist training is provided, and on completion, guides join the rota, giving open tours of the Cathedral on Saturdays, or private tours when required.
- Education Volunteers - The education team support our school visits, helping with tours, workshops and education days. Please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0117 946 8175 for more details.
- Cathedral Welcomers - The Welcomers are members of the Mothers’ Union, and they meet and greet visitors to the Cathedral throughout the week. They offer a printed tour guide, and direct the visitors to their required locations.
- Serving team - Servers assist the clergy with the services, and are part of the formal worship processions.
- Cathedral Stewards - The Stewards assist in the smooth running of services and events. They offer a welcome to the Cathedral, and give assistance by directing the congregation to their seats, and providing them with the necessary books and service sheets. They also act as fire wardens. Above all, the stewards are a point of contact for those arriving at services and events.
- Happy Hippos team - ‘Happy Hippos’ is our children's group. It meets on Sundays during services, and volunteers provide activities for children of all ages during the service
If you are interested in volunteering please contact the Executive Assistant or ring 01179468185.