Welcome to Bristol Cathedral! A place where schools and families can come to worship, sing, study or simply explore. Each school and half term holiday, families can enjoy Crafty Cathedral, an art and craft morning which is free and open to all. We also run a Sunday school, Happy Hippos, host choirs, and provide school and family tours throughout the year. Some of the things we can offer schools and young people include:
- Special services - We host a number of services for schools to help them commemorate key events, such as their founding or charter days. Each service is designed around the school's needs and we can use creative approaches to liturgy and music to make it a memorable occasion for pupils, staff and parents. If you are interested in organising a special service please contact the Executive Assistant.
- Visiting choirs - Some schools will come and visit us in order to participate in our worship – singing Choral Evensong and other services. Read more.
- Study visits - We can host innovative and exciting study visits for both primary and secondary pupils as part of curriculum studies in a range of themes and subjects. A half or full day of activities can be planned to suit the needs of the class. The focus is on active learning and lively pariticipation. Our Cathedral guides help with these visits telling the story of the church community through the ages.
- Moving on days - Each year we hold workshop days in June for year 6 pupils who will be moving on to secondary schools in September.
- Festival workshops - We hold workshops to help children engage with key Christian festivals like Candlemas and Pentecost.
- Annual art exhibition - We also host the Senior Schools Art Exhibition, which takes place each February.