Bristol Cathedral is proactive in developing and maintaining relationships with a wide range of local and national partners. These include:
- Faith partners - the Cathedral is formally part of the Diocese of Bristol which spans Swindon, South Gloucestershire and North Somerset. We work closely with the Bishop of Bristol, the Bishop of Swindon, the Archdeacon of Malmesbury, and the parish clergy across the Diocese. We also work closely with parishes in other dioceses where we have the right to appoint clergy (patronage). We have also made links with our local faith partners in the city; Faithnetsouthwest, and the Bristol Multi Faith Forum.
- Education partners - our main education partner is the Bristol Cathedral Choir School which is a secondary Academy that is located within the Cathedral precincts. A new primary school will open on the site in autumn 2013. We also work with many other schools across the city, the Diocese and neighbouring counties.
- Civil society partners - we have made links with many local organisations including; Quartet, the Office for Civil Society, the Environment Agency and the South West Trades Union Congress.
- Higher education partners - we work closely with the chaplaincy teams at the University of the West of England (UWE) and the University of Bristol, and with Trinity College, on initiatives such as the Green Chaplaincy programme.
- Tourism partners - we have made links with Destination Bristol, Tourist Information, Bristol and Bath Cultural Destinations and other cultural partners to help us promote the city of Bristol and the Cathedral's role within it.
- Business partners - we have made links with a number of local businesses including Triodos and Hargreaves Landsdown.
- Music partners - we work with a range of musical partners across the city and nationally including; Bristol Voices, the Bristol Bach Choir and Bristol Choral Society, and the Royal School of Church Music.
- Civic partners - we work closely with Bristol City Council, the offices of the High Sheriff, the Lord Lieutenant and Lord Mayor and the Avon and Somerset Constabulary.
- National church partners - we work closely with the Cathedral Fabric Commission for England, the Association of English Cathedrals, the national church, the Church Commissioners and other related bodies.